Watch Dan Pontefract read an excerpt of his 4th book, LEAD. CARE. WIN.
There are 9 practical yet super helpful leadership lessons from Dan’s 4th book, LEAD. CARE. WIN. How to Become a Leader Who Matters.
In this excerpt from Lesson #2: Play for Meaning, Dan reads a passage from Chapter 2 where he questions Prince and why he missed the chance to be at the recording of “We Are The World” with USA for Africa.
You can read more about LEAD. CARE. WIN. at the book’s microsite.
In a nutshell…
LEAD. CARE. WIN. How to Become a Leader Who Matters, contains 9 insightful yet super-practical leadership lessons that will help you become a more caring and engaging leader, one that will fully (and completely) understand the critical importance of crafting meaningful, respectful relationships among all your stakeholders.
Every human interaction is crucial. Every exchange can be mutually beneficial.
These 9 leadership lessons center on your willingness to improve how you treat people, a call for meaningful change to:
- Be relatable and empathetic
- Act not out of ego but out of purpose
- Share knowledge to build a wise organization
- Stay present and attentive to the needs of others
- Embrace change and the opportunity for growth it offers
- Stay curious and adopt lifelong learning
- Think and act with clarity
- Commit to balance and inclusivity in all your dealings
- Act with humility and thoughtfulness
The bottom line is that when you care enough to champion others, the workplace becomes happily infectious and the organization benefits in more ways than one.