Video: The Purpose Mindset of Gord Downie
I recently had the opportunity to deliver a 10-minute keynote at a conference in Toronto where I used the time to speak about both personal and role purpose. The primary example I used to illustrate both personal and role purpose was Gord Downie, poet and member of The Tragically Hip.
If you’re confused why I’m dressed like this, here’s a photo of Mr. Downie as a reference … or read any of these columns I wrote during the summer of 2016.
As always, if you have it in you to donate to brain cancer research, please do so at this link.
- The Sedin Twins Taught Us To Be Better Humans
- A&W Chose Purpose. I Chose It For Dinner.
- What I Learned From My Emergency Gallbladder Surgery
- Evolution of the Chief Learning Officer
- How I Learned To Think Out Loud Through The Tragically Hip's Live Concerts
- The Coming Listicle Apocalypse (Or … Six Ways Listicles Are Taking Over)
- Facebook And Apple CEOs Ask Us To Serve Humanity. Will We?