#Top #5 #Reasons #To #Love #Hashtags #In #Your #Enterprise #Microblogging #Platform
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-12659981-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);
#Enterprise #Micro-blogging #is #a #very #powerful #tool #that #connects #people #to #people, #people #to #information, #people #to #knowledge, #and #people #to #skills.
I’ll stop using the hashtags now … point taken.
Why more organizations haven’t implemented an internal only, micro-blogging platform for their company is mind boggling. According to McKinsey and Company, only 19% of organizations have actually deployed enterprise micro-blogging inside the corporate walls through December, 2010.
That stated, once micro-blogging is enabled, hashtags now benefit the employee & the organization.
My personal reasons why I believe hashtags are so important include:
- It creates an invisible culture and habit of tagging; applicable to other parts of your 2.0 evolution
- Proactive behaviours; employees thinking ahead before posting content through use of hashtags
- Search; an easy way in which to find content, information or knowledge through the hashtag
- Live Streaming; organizations are constantly moving – hashtags permits events to be streamed
- Humour & recognition; nothing like disarming your stoic corporate culture than with hashtags that infuse a sense of humour as well as employee recognition
PS. Thanks to lobbying from Charles Jennings, I’ve got an article coming out in the European Foundation for Management Development Global Focus Business Magazine tentatively entitled “Micro-blogging can help build your organisational culture’, but for now you’ll have to review two earlier blog posts on trainingwreck entitled “Let’s Rename Micro-blogging to Chatting” and “Micro-Blogging is Good for Leadership, Good for Your Culture” to get any more of my thoughts concerning micro-blogging in general.
- Reflecting on the State of Enterprise 2.0 as an Organizational Culture Change Agent
- The Ability to Lead Remote Employees Will Become the Next 2.0 Skill
- Linking Company Growth to Enterprise 2.0 & Learning 2.0
- So It’s Been About Behaviour All This Time?
- To Really Drive Enterprise 2.0 Forward We Need A Behaviour Change
- If I Were CEO, I’d Mandate Enterprise 2.0
- My Views on Learnist, the latest ‘social learning’ venture
- Enterprise 2.0 Conference: it’s about people to people