The Purpose Effect Launch Party
I’m a lucky boy.
Not only did I marry the most wonderful woman in the world … against my wishes, she threw me a launch party for The Purpose Effect. It was epic. It was touching. It was an incredible night of love.
My dad flew in from England for the event, unbeknownst to me.
My good friend, Roman Picherack, flew in from Paris.
Unbelievably, Kelsy Trigg and Mary Hewitt–two amazing women profiled in the book–surprised me as well, and were in attendance.
Kelsy lives in Vancouver.
Mary lives in Halifax.
Others came from Vancouver as well.
The book launch party was held in Victoria, BC.
The distance between Vancouver, Halifax, Stratford-upon-Avon and Paris is, as they say, bigger than a bread basket.
In all, roughly 75 people took time out of their busy schedules to help me celebrate the book. They even made me read from the book. I’ve never done it before. I hope it hit the mark.
It’s now Saturday, a day later, and I’m still deeply moved by those seven magical hours.
Thank you to everyone who came. Thank you to everyone who couldn’t, but who sent personal notes.
I am forever indebted to your kindness, caring and … higher purpose.
- Nine Tricky Questions And Nine Honest Answers Regarding Purpose
- Flat Army Book Excerpt: Organizational Learned Helplessness
- Sophomore Blues Sabbatical
- Flat Army: Chapter 8 Overview
- Flat Army: Chapter 2 Overview
- 4-Minute Video Overview of OPEN to THINK
- Did I Just Spam My Entire LinkedIn Network?
- You Can Now Pre-Order OPEN to THINK, Dan Pontefract’s Next Book, Releasing September 11