The Black Friday Shopping Flowchart
As North America gears up for Black Friday, I thought it might be a good idea to design a flowchart … a handy guide to help you decide whether or not you really need (or want) all of that new stuff.
There are often times we do in fact ‘need’ new stuff. I had to buy some new Xmas candles just last week. Today I got gas and some milk.
This flowchart is not anti-capitalism. It is merely a pause for reflection before the madness of Black Friday ensues.
Do you really need it? Or do you simply want it?
When you do have to buy something, are you being a conscious consumer?
I struggle, too.
But all of us can do a better job.
This Black Friday, I choose not to shop.
- Walking the Talk of Being an Open Leader With My Children
- Why I'm Currently Only Writing About Gord and the Hip
- I Missed My 25th High School Reunion That Never Was
- Why I Removed A Recent Post
- The Coming Listicle Apocalypse (Or … Six Ways Listicles Are Taking Over)
- That Laugh
- In 2015, Will I …
- Dear Mister Dylan Benson, you are the Definition of Class