On Being Human
Of everything I have learned from Gord over the years, it’s this quote that captures my attention the most. It hits me deep. I interpret it as follows:
When we accept our own impotence we can be that much greater.
When we acquiesce to our own susceptibility we can be that much more giving.
When we assume a position of defencelessness we can be even more helpful.
When we are humble, vulnerable and act with humility, we are a part of the human race.
For what it’s worth, my “money” is on Gord. Let us all be a part of humanity and the human race.
- After Five Years In My Role We’re Hiring My Replacement. Are You Interested?
- Our Three Young Children Blog … Here’s Why
- Why I Removed A Recent Post
- My (Re) View Of That Night In Kingston
- Sophomore Blues Sabbatical
- “It’s a great time to be an artist, a poet, in this the decline of the human empire.”
- The Cognitive Era Is Cool But I’d Like To See The Human Era First
- Gord Downie and the New Marathon of Hope