Each day I sit cloaked in a fear,
‘They’ steal the light from everywhere.
Inveterate greed crystal clear,
My soul seeks those who choose to care.
Unhinged by the profit plasma
I wonder, ‘Is it time to cry?’
Ruthless are ‘they’, a blood villa:
Pernicious minds built to deny.
Prodigious pluckiness come to!
Despite ‘their’ entrenched and vile way
Hope springs meaning for me, for you
And we must act without delay.
Fear not new day, I am not late
To true purpose, love, life or role.
“I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.”*
* With my utmost respect to William Ernest Henley.
- Evolution of the Chief Learning Officer
- Purpose: The Word of 2016
- My Definition of Work and an Update on Book Two
- Facebook And Apple CEOs Ask Us To Serve Humanity. Will We?
- Nine Tricky Questions And Nine Honest Answers Regarding Purpose
- How Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups Explains Culture, Purpose & Employee Engagement
- How Are Your Book Sales?
- Perhaps the Purpose of an Organization?