For Don …
An old friend passed away last night, after a long, heart-wrenching battle.
I don’t normally go off tangent given the purpose of ‘trainingwreck’, but thought I’d share the following nonetheless.
No comments necessary. Just a time for quiet reflection.
God saw you were getting tired,
And a cure was not to be,
So he put his arms around you
And whispered, “Come to me”
With tearful eyes we watched you,
And saw you pass away,
Although we loved you dearly,
We could not make you stay.
A golden heart stopped beating,
Hard working hands at rest.
God broke our hearts to prove to us,
He only takes the best.
- How I Learned To Think Out Loud Through The Tragically Hip's Live Concerts
- O Canada My Canada
- We Are All Boston
- The Coming Listicle Apocalypse (Or … Six Ways Listicles Are Taking Over)
- Our Three Young Children Blog … Here’s Why
- Walking the Talk of Being an Open Leader With My Children
- Whose Your Brian Reid?
- There is Nothing More to Say in 2011 … but Thanks