Coming September 27, An Addendum to The Purpose Effect
Not everything can fit into a book.
On September 27, 2016, I am releasing an addendum to my latest book, The Purpose Effect called “The Rise, Fall and Rise of Purpose.”
The description is as follows:
Workplace disengagement plagues many organizations across the globe, frequently leading to low productivity and workplace morale. This issue edges on epidemic status, with less than one-third of employees in the U.S. having reported a sense of engagement at work. Similarly, only 28 percent of employees feel as though their role at work gives them a sense of purpose. Organizations that find and implement solutions to these problems, however, create a major competitive advantage while simultaneously improving the quality of life for employees.
In this supplement to his latest book, The Purpose Effect, Dan Pontefract metaphorically examines the city of Detroit as both an example of the decline of purpose in the workplace and its potential to rebound and mend. There is hope for even the most disengaged organization, but only if the individuals who make up its culture are willing to find answers within themselves, dedicating their efforts to make a positive change.
- Rotman Management Magazine Interview
- When Breath Becomes Air: Required Reading For People Seeking Purpose
- Dear CEO
- Nine Tricky Questions And Nine Honest Answers Regarding Purpose
- Why I Removed A Recent Post
- The Purpose Effect Scorecard
- Full Book Jacket Cover Released for The Purpose Effect
- Defining A Leader’s Duty Of Care