An Infographic Depicting Learning & Collaboration in Action
Some of you know I actually have a ‘real job’ where each and every day I get to work with great people and turn ideas into action. That role sees me employed by TELUS; an organization that was recently inducted into Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures Hall of Fame. Yes, I’m a lucky lad.
My buddy Sameer Patel called me a ‘practicing futurist‘ over lunch a few weeks ago in Palo Alto. At first I laughed, but since then the term has been rattling around in my brain somewhat incessantly.
I suppose it’s true. By way of example, at TELUS, we put together an infographic showcasing four years of change as it relates to our learning and collaboration strategy. We’ve released the infographic on our newly minted corporate blog and it’s pasted below for you to view as well. (that’s right, we have an external blog where we write about things like culture, our community efforts, etc.)
What does all of this mean?
If you and your team are empowered to innovate, to boldly create what others may not, to inspire and to dream … all the while aligning to the corporate goals and objectives, you too may be able to become a ‘practicing futurist’. I know that I’m engaged and it’s because we’ve been able to accomplish the goals you see on the infographic below.
Click on the graphic to see it in full-screen.
- My Long Weekend Of Hope And Inspiration
- Can Leaders Lead From the Side?
- Dear CEO
- Collaboration Is Not Just A Technology. It’s A Behavior.
- Did GM Have To Fire 14,000 People?
- The Collaboration Commons Idea
- Did Zappos Just Ruin Their Culture Or Is It A Brilliant Org Redesign?
- How B Corps Just Might Eliminate the Foolishness of Maximizing Shareholder Return