Musings On Collaboration, Cooperation and Coordination
I’ve been thinking…
Cooperate: working together toward a common goal.
Coordinate: working together in an organized way.
Collaborate: we’re working together.
Cooperate: we’re working together and agree on the intended outcome.
Coordinate: we’re working together and agree on the intended outcome, operating within a defined structure.
Put differently again…
Collaborating is key.
Cooperating is vital.
Coordinating is critical.
Put differently in conclusion…
Collaborating is step one. (Good)
Cooperating is step two. (Great)
Coordinating is step three. (Awesome)
A thriving corporate culture is often defined by how well we simultaneously collaborate, cooperate and coordinate. All three steps are necessary. Failure in any step is a failure to put your organization’s priorities first.
- You are the Collective Wisdom of both Strong & Weak Ties
- An Example of the Flat Army CLAM in Action: BC Ideas2Action
- Collaboration Is Not Just A Technology. It’s A Behavior.
- Social as a Weapon of Class Destruction
- trainingwreck is no more … introducing ‘brave new org’
- The Link Between Leadership, Learning & Organizational Performance
- Corporate Culture in a Venn Diagram
- 5 Ways to Become Less Collaborative at Work