Musings On Collaboration, Cooperation and Coordination
I’ve been thinking…
Cooperate: working together toward a common goal.
Coordinate: working together in an organized way.
Collaborate: we’re working together.
Cooperate: we’re working together and agree on the intended outcome.
Coordinate: we’re working together and agree on the intended outcome, operating within a defined structure.
Put differently again…
Collaborating is key.
Cooperating is vital.
Coordinating is critical.
Put differently in conclusion…
Collaborating is step one. (Good)
Cooperating is step two. (Great)
Coordinating is step three. (Awesome)
A thriving corporate culture is often defined by how well we simultaneously collaborate, cooperate and coordinate. All three steps are necessary. Failure in any step is a failure to put your organization’s priorities first.
- The Anti-Social Social Dilemma
- The First Step To Improving Employee Engagement Is To Connect With Your Team
- An Example of the Flat Army CLAM in Action: BC Ideas2Action
- An Infographic Depicting Learning & Collaboration in Action
- Whose Your Brian Reid?
- Tic Tac Oh Oh
- When Euan and Dan Keynote Together at #HRtecheurope
- Collaboration Is Not Just A Technology. It’s A Behavior.