Musings On Collaboration, Cooperation and Coordination
I’ve been thinking…
Cooperate: working together toward a common goal.
Coordinate: working together in an organized way.
Collaborate: we’re working together.
Cooperate: we’re working together and agree on the intended outcome.
Coordinate: we’re working together and agree on the intended outcome, operating within a defined structure.
Put differently again…
Collaborating is key.
Cooperating is vital.
Coordinating is critical.
Put differently in conclusion…
Collaborating is step one. (Good)
Cooperating is step two. (Great)
Coordinating is step three. (Awesome)
A thriving corporate culture is often defined by how well we simultaneously collaborate, cooperate and coordinate. All three steps are necessary. Failure in any step is a failure to put your organization’s priorities first.
- A Review of SAP Jam
- Can Leaders Lead From the Side?
- Don’t Be a FOOL: Fear of Open Leadership
- Collaboration Workflow 101
- Vancouver is Home to Several ‘Social’ Rock Stars
- That Decision Is Above My Pay-Grade
- Here’s Why I Love The Beatles’ ‘White Album’ Even More (Hint: It’s About Their Preparation)
- Redefining the Social Employee