LinkedIn is not Facebook so Please Think Twice About Your Updates
To me, LinkedIn is a professional network / contact management arena and if you are using it to supply graphics of “what word do you see first” or “enter your email in the comment box and your direct contact list will grow by 100x”, well … you’ve lost the plot on the importance of what a business network is all about.
But it’s also what I might refer to as a ‘digital discipline’ strategy of mine.
PS. If you’re going to post a graphic (or get sucked into the idiotic hope of a larger email network by playing along) you might want to try a function known as ‘spell check’.
- Enterprise 2.0 Conference: it’s about people to people
- The ‘Empire Avenue’ Strikes Back
- Is George Siemens Right? Social Media is like Letters to the Editor
- Should Employees Be Incented to Use Social Technologies?
- Where Does Leadership of Social Media Lie?
- Vancouver is Home to Several ‘Social’ Rock Stars
- When Euan and Dan Keynote Together at #HRtecheurope
- Don’t Simply Follow on Twitter, You Should Spend Time Reviewing