Dan Pontefract August 2018 Playlist
August saw me stand still, for the most part. It was a very reflective month.
The passing of Aretha Franklin and Senator John McCain made me pause. Franklin’s joy, her overcoming of various barriers, and her unquestionable talent will be missed. McCain was what we need more of these days; an ethical leader who stands for what’s right, not partisanship.
As Downie once wrote, there is an inevitability of death. It’s too bad we cannot beat the death of inevitability.
Next month in September I’m on the road every week. I’m sure there will be some form of “Open Thinking” playlist that materializes to coincide with the launch of my third book.
- Dan Pontefract March 2018 Playlist
- Dan Pontefract October 2018 Playlist (for Gord Downie)
- Dan Pontefract June 2019 Playlist (for myself, it’s my birthday!)
- Dan Pontefract February 2018 Playlist
- Dan Pontefract August 2019 Music Playlist (Homage to the Beatles)
- Dan Pontefract September 2019 Music Playlist (When You Have The Blues)
- Dan Pontefract May 2019 Playlist (for the 80’s weirdos)
- Dan Pontefract December 2018 Playlist (Christmas Edition)