The Graphic That Started My Journey Researching Purpose Three Years Ago
After I published my first book, Flat Army, in May of 2013, I began musing about the concept of purpose.
Whilst I knew (and still know) a connected and engaged culture is critically important for today’s complex and complicated organizations, something was gnawing at me.
For organizations to truly prosper–and for the people who work in them to become fully engaged–I thought there ought to be more than an improved and collaborative culture.
I was going through my iPad sketches recently (on the Bamboo Paper app, where I am constantly scribbling things down like diagrams, charts, etc.) and I came across this Venn diagram.
You know what’s funny?
I forgot that I sketched it.
Here’s what the final product looks like in “The Purpose Effect”.
I hope you have the chance to read the book, and provide feedback.
- Flat Army: Chapter 4 Overview
- An Example of the Flat Army CLAM in Action: BC Ideas2Action
- Flat Army: Chapter 1 Overview
- Lo-Tech Talk #1: Introduction to Personal Purpose
- Purpose: The Word of 2016
- A Look Inside Letterman's Staff Redefining Their Purpose After The Show Ended
- Flat Army Book Launch Party … A Sea of Humanity
- A Personal Message of Thanks