Reviews of Flat Army
“One of the books in the canon of radical management.” Forbes
“Mr. Pontefract’s book takes a deep look at the gestalt of leadership both in one’s self and in how one collaborates with others. There is plenty to learn and practice, as well as the inspiration to guide.” Forbes
“Flat Army was very well thought out and well constructed. The flow made perfect sense, and was easy to follow. I’d be quick to recommend this to anyone who wanted to become a leader, or anyone who wanted to go beyond their present scope of leadership.” Chronicle Herald
“Engagement and collaboration are a key focus these days, and Mr. Pontefract has given it a lot of thought. At times his book can seem overwhelming, with several elaborate, interlinked models for connected leadership. But you will certainly get lots of ideas to apply to your own situation.” The Globe & Mail
“Dan Pontefract suggests leaders must be transformational and transactional, collaborative and considerate, daring and decisive, inclusive and insistent, playful and formal, harmonious, and humble, encouraging and results-driven. In a word, Flat.” Amazon
“Collaboration tools can turn Taylorism on its head so learning goes up and down the enterprise and the whole structure is flatted. I would certainly agree with Dan’s views here. However, precisely because of this transformative change in communication it takes a cultural change to work. This is much of the content in Dan’s very useful book.” Blog
Pontefract is to organizational dynamics and social collaboration what General Patton was to WWII.
Comprehensive, clear and compelling coverage of how to strive for unity and success while shedding ourselves of hierarchical stumbling blocks.
I encourage you to read Flat Army to receive your “marching orders” to meaningfully advance leadership and engagement as we approach 2020.
Watch Dan talk about Flat Army
Did you know that …
Flat Army is filled with a bunch of culture changing diagrams?
It’s true. The Flat Army model is made up of five key models including:
- Connected Leader Attributes
- Participative Leader Framework
- Collaborative Leader Action Model
- Pervasive Learning
- Collaboration Technologies
Feel free to click through the diagrams you see on the right. Heck, you can even download them. Hopefully it makes sense, but if not, there is always the book.
- Chap 1: The Mona Lisa is So Small!
- Chap 2: How’d We Get So Rigid?
- Chap 3: The Connected Leader
- Chap 4: Becoming a Connected Leader
- Chap 5: Being a Connected Leader
- Chap 6: Beyond the Connected Leader
- Chap 7: Participative Leader Framework
- Chap 8: Collaborative Leader Action Model
- Chap 9: Learning at the Speed of Need
- Chap 10: Tools, Rules and the Jewels of Being a Flat Army Leader
- Chap 11: Flat Army in Action
- Chap 12: The Culture Quest of Flat Army
- Afterword: In Collaborative Conclusion