To inquire about me speaking at your event
– in person or over the web –
please visit the following:
Phone: 416.345.1559 / 800.333.4453
Send emails for booking information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In 2010, I had the opportunity to participate in a TEDx Talk.The title of that talk was:
Tear Down This Wall”
The focus of the talk? The four walls of a classroom must be torn down, and through this talk, I explore why … and a solution on how to achieve it. Watch it below.
- I thought he was the highlight of the conference. I loved that we had an actual person from a large company who could speak to the theory AND application.
- Bright and interesting presenter. Good to have a forward-thinking perspective of our “world”.
- Beyond fabulous!! Brilliant thinker. Brilliant content. Brilliant presenter. I will be following Dan’s work
- Loved his sense of humor and he was interesting and engaging. Made me think!
- This session was the best part of the entire conference. I found that Dan’s vision was aspirational but also attainable. I enjoyed his examples and hope to see him speak again.
- I really enjoyed Dan’s presentation as it has given me a lot to think about and consider what we can implement in our organization.
- Dan’s message lead me to a lot of ideas of what we could be doing differently at my place of work, and has given me some energy to pursue some of his ideas. Inspiring and his relaxed style of delivery encouraged me to consider doing something at my workplace that I likely wouldn’t otherwise.
- Great speaker, very applicable to my company.
- TELUS case study was very interesting.
- Knows how to connect with audience.
- Entertaining, interesting.
You Can’t Please Everyone
- Was ok.
- It was OK, however, I didn’t take too much away from the session as the content is all stuff that we currently use and have available where I work.
- Would have liked a bit more around practical application of the vision, although some did exist.
- World Business of Leadership: Flat Army Unveiled June 21
- Enterprise Learning Conference & Expo: Creating a Connected and Engaged Organization Aug 26
- Communitelligence: Social, Collaboration and Leadership – is it possible? Oct 17
- Impact 99: Can Culture Become Your Competitive Advantage? Oct 23
- HRPA Annual Conference: How to Build a Connected and Engaged Organization Jan 22
- ASTD International Convention & Exhibition: The 6 C’s of a Connected Leader
- Digital Workplace
- SAP Sapphire: Augment Talent Management with Social Connections
- The Art & Science of Change: Connection, Engagement, Learning, and How to Change Culture
- BCHRMA: The 6 C’s of a Connected Leader
- EdTech Innovation: The Social Organization
- HRIA Conference: The Collaborative Leader Action Model
- Executive Roundtable: Flat Army – Webcast
- Digital Strategy Conference: Creating a Connected and Engaged Organization
- The Art of Leadership: Creating a Culture of Collaboration
- Conference Board of Canada – Canadian Council for Learning and Development: Yes, the Learning Function Can Help Increase Employee Engagement
- Conference Board of Canada – Strategic Human Resources Management Council: Where Connecting and Collaborating can improve Employee Engagement
- New Paths to Performance Global Knowledge Executive Breakfast
- What is Informal Learning? IC4P Webcast
- Learning Forward Conference: Let’s Reimagine Sage on the Stage
- SFU: Building an Engaged and Innovative Workplace: Twitter and Beyond
- SAP: Build Your Brand
- CSTD Conference & Trade Show: Let’s Re-imagine Corporate Learning
- HRAC: The Future of Leadership: It’s Open, Social and Savvy
- Devon Energy: The Future of Leadership
- ASTD BEST Conference: Induction 2.0
- CLO Symposium: Panel Discussion – Tradition vs. Change: The Great Learning Debate
- RedHat Partner Conference (closed conference)
- Experience Tectoria: Connecting Leadership to Technology
- Strategic Internal Communications Conference: Taking A Journey Towards The Culture Of Collaboration: Learning, Leadership And Social Technologies — How To Deploy Collaboration In Your Organization
- Enterprise 2.0 Conference: Collaboration Readiness: What Leading Organizations are Doing to Ready Themselves for E2.0 Success and What You Can Do to Follow in their Path
- Enterprise 2.0 Conference: Ready or Not: An Entirely ‘Crowd-Sourced’ Discussion on Org & Ops Readiness Considerations for Social Business
- Leveraging Social Media for Learning and Development (free webcast via Global Knowledge)
- ASTD International Conference & Exhibition: Lead Yer Ship through an Open & Connected Leadership Model
- SkillSoft Perspectives: Main-stage Panel
- Emerging Leaders: Who Are They? How Can We Accelerate Their Development? How Can We Retain Them? (via Global Knowledge)
- Conference Board of Canada: Creating a Collaborative, Connected, Continuous Learning Culture
- Conference Board of Canada: Open Leadership is Key to Engagement (closed session)
- Consumerization of IT in the Enterprise: Social Failures (panel)
- SAP 2020 Learning Conference
- Training Practices at BC’s Top 100 Employers
- SPC11: TELUS Goes Social: How a Canadian Telecom Changed the Learning Model
- CLO Symposium: The Rise of Collaboration in Learning, Leadership and 2.0
- ASTD BEST: The TELUS Leadership Philosophy
- SkillSoft Perspectives Conference: The Rise of Open Leadership & Collaborative Learning.
- Richmond OD Roundtable: Leadership in a Web 2.0 World
- ASTD Tech Knowledge Conference: Implementing a Social Learning Culture
- UBC Leadership Luncheon: Leadership 2.0
- Social Intranet Summit – Fireside Chat on Social Learning
- Enterprise 2.0 Conference – Boston: Social Learning 2.0
- Social Learning Bootcamp at IESE – A Corporate 2.0 World
- ASTD BEST – Shifting from a 1.0 to a 2.0 Culture
- University of Victoria – Virtual Teams in a 2.0 World
- ISACA – Risks in Social Media & Social Learning
- ELearning Summit – Social Learning: Strategies and Technologies for Implementing an Enterprise Program
- Best Employers Conference – Leveraging Technology for Induction, Onboarding & Culture Change
- ASTD International Conference & Exhibition: The New Social Learning