Dan has delivered over 100 keynotes & talks sharing the stage with the likes of Susan Cain, Marcus Buckingham, Peter Mansbridge, Chris Hadfield, Dave Ulrich & Dan Pink … blending his presentation style of humour, analogies, metaphors, stories and wicked graphics to the likes of business executives and professionals in Europe, America, Australia and of course his home country of Canada.
Whether at technology, leadership, learning or professional development conferences, offsites and meetings … if you want insight into the pillars of open leadership, collaborative technologies, pervasive learning and a purposeful career and culture that leads to better business results … inquire now.
To inquire about me speaking at your event
— in person or over the web –
please send me an email
In 2010, I had the opportunity to participate in a TEDx Talk.The title of that talk was:
Tear Down This Wall”
The focus of the talk? The four walls of a classroom must be torn down, and through this talk, I explore why … and a solution on how to achieve it. Watch it below.
- BCNET: Collaboration and Culture – A Match Made in Heaven
- April 27
- ATD International Conference: Developing Careers with a Purpose
- May 17
- CAIS: Learning at the Speed of Need
- July 3
- BCSSA: Collaborative Leaders. Collaborative Learners.
- August 17
- Future of Management Development Conference: How Collaborating in a FLAT ARMY Can Improve Employee Engagement
- September 9
- BCPVPA: Learning at the Speed of Need
- October 23
- BCSSA: The Future of Leadership Needs Your Attention
- November 19
Selected Past Examples
- CIO Peer Forum – Implementing an Open Culture through Collaborative Technology
- SAP Innovation Forum, Copenhagen: Collaboration in Action
- EFMD SFU Event: The Change Needed in Leadership
- HR Directors Business Summit: Building a Flat Army through Collaboration
- Learning Forward: The Flat Army
- IMC 2014: Implementing an Open Culture through Collaborative Behavior
- Global Peter Drucker Forum, 2014 – The Great Transformation
- HR Tech Europe: Where Collaborative Tools are Key to Company Culture
- OCIO Connect 2014
- Skillsoft Perspectives Australia/New Zealand: The Evolution of Learning and Leadership
- SAP Sapphire NOW: The Future of Work
- SAP Sapphire NOW: Virtual, Vital, and Valuable: Can You Be All Things to All People?
- CSTD Symposium: Collaborative Learners. Collaborative Leaders
- ATD International Conference and Exhibition: Collaborative Leaders. Collaborative Learners.
- Mindtrust Leadership Development Program 10th Anniversary Celebration
- Future of Work Summit
- Digital Strategy Conference: Lessons From the Boardroom
- Adobe Digital Government Assembly: It’s Time for Collaborative Leadership
- Skillsoft Perspectives: Breakthrough Innovation
- Chair Academy International Leadership Conference: Collaborative Leaders: Collaborative Learners.
- BPI: Creating a Flat Army: Social Learning and Collaboration in Action
- Enterprise 2.0 Summit Paris Heading from Engagement to Passion in Future Work Performance
- HRPA Annual Conference: How to Build a Connected and Engaged Organization
- ASTD BEST: Using Collaborative Tools to Build Out Your High Potential and High Performer Employees
- Conversations in Leadership with Shawn Hunter at Skillsoft
- KM World: Creating a Connected & Collaborative Organization: Top Tips
- Mitchell Odyssey Foundation Forum: The Social Train Has Left the Station
- Learning 2013 Author Talk: Flat Army
- Communitelligence: Social, Collaboration and Leadership – is it possible?
- Mobile Enterprise Strategies Summit: Enhance Staff Productivity Through Employee Learning and Development on Mobile
- Impact 99: Can Culture Become Your Competitive Advantage?
- HR.com: Using Technology to Increase Engagement, Leadership & Learning (free webcast)
- Enterprise Learning Conference & Expo: Creating a Connected and Engaged Organization
- World Business of Leadership: Flat Army Unveiled
- ASTD International Convention & Exhibition: The 6 C’s of a Connected Leader
- SAP Sapphire: Augment Talent Management with Social Connections
- The Art & Science of Change: Connection, Engagement, Learning, and How to Change Culture
- BCHRMA: The 6 C’s of a Connected Leader
- EdTech Innovation: The Social Organization
- HRIA Conference: Collaborative Leader Action Model
- Digital Strategy Conference: Creating a Connected and Engaged Organization
- The Art of Leadership: Creating a Culture of Collaboration
- Conference Board of Canada: Where Connecting and Collaborating can improve Employee Engagement
- What is Informal Learning? IC4P Webcast
- Learning Forward Conference: Let’s Reimagine Sage on the Stage
- SFU: Building an Engaged and Innovative Workplace: Twitter and Beyond
- CSTD Conference & Trade Show: Let’s Re-imagine Corporate Learning
- HRAC: The Future of Leadership
- Devon Energy: The Future of Leadership
- Experience Tectoria: Connecting Leadership to Technology
- Enterprise 2.0 Conference: Collaboration Readiness
- ASTD International Conference & Exhibition: Lead Yer Ship through an Open & Connected Leadership Model
- Conference Board of Canada: Creating a Collaborative, Connected, Continuous Learning Culture
- Consumerization of IT in the Enterprise: Social Failures
- SAP 2020 Learning Conference
- Training Practices at BC’s Top 100 Employers
- SPC11: TELUS Goes Social
- CLO Symposium: The Rise of Collaboration in Learning, Leadership and 2.0
- SkillSoft Perspectives: Rise of Open Leadership & Collaborative Learning.
- ASTD Tech Knowledge: Implementing a Social Learning Culture
- Enterprise 2.0 Conference: Social 2.0
- Technology Focused: KM World, Enterprise 2.0 Conference, Consumerization of IT, Enterprise 2.0 Summit, Sapphire
- Leadership Focused: The Art of Leadership, Conference Board, Human Resources Professionals Association, Art & Science of Change
- Learning Focused: ASTD International Conference & Exhibition, CSTD, Learning Forward, CLO Symposium
- I thought he was the highlight of the conference. I loved that we had an actual person from a large company who could speak to the theory AND application.
- Bright and interesting presenter. Good to have a forward-thinking perspective of our “world”.
- Beyond fabulous!! Brilliant thinker. Brilliant content. Brilliant presenter. I will be following Dan’s work
- Loved his sense of humor and he was interesting and engaging. Made me think!
- This session was the best part of the entire conference. I found that Dan’s vision was aspirational but also attainable. I enjoyed his examples and hope to see him speak again.
- I really enjoyed Dan’s presentation as it has given me a lot to think about and consider what we can implement in our organization.
- Dan’s message lead me to a lot of ideas of what we could be doing differently at my place of work, and has given me some energy to pursue some of his ideas. Inspiring and his relaxed style of delivery encouraged me to consider doing something at my workplace that I likely wouldn’t otherwise.
- Great job. Enjoyed history lesson & humor
- Dan engaged us all into these beliefs. I am going to purchase the book and share these practices and soon as I can at my organization. Dan’s theory is phenomenal and I am excites about what’s to come from this session in the LD environment around the world. Thank you Dan
- Great speaker, very applicable to my company.
- TELUS case study was very interesting.
- Knows how to connect with audience.
- Entertaining, interesting.