LinkedIn is not Facebook so Please Think Twice About Your Updates
To me, LinkedIn is a professional network / contact management arena and if you are using it to supply graphics of “what word do you see first” or “enter your email in the comment box and your direct contact list will grow by 100x”, well … you’ve lost the plot on the importance of what a business network is all about.
But it’s also what I might refer to as a ‘digital discipline’ strategy of mine.
PS. If you’re going to post a graphic (or get sucked into the idiotic hope of a larger email network by playing along) you might want to try a function known as ‘spell check’.
- You are the Collective Wisdom of both Strong & Weak Ties
- The Anti-Social Social Dilemma
- Did I Just Spam My Entire LinkedIn Network?
- Vancouver is Home to Several ‘Social’ Rock Stars
- Q&A on the Future of Social, Mobile and eLearning
- Collaboration Workflow 101
- Employee Access to Social Media in the Workplace Decreases
- Tweet Kings & Pretty Things (aka Micro-Blogging Habits)