Friday Fun: Meet Gump Shun
He’s willing and able. He’s got pizazz. He doesn’t mind being open and sharing; some call it bravado, I call it courage.
Mr. Shun wasn’t always this way.
He had to work at it.
Being collaborative wasn’t his thing in the old days. He knew no different. He did what they all did; command and control was where it was at.
But along came a revelation.
“Maybe“, he said to himself one day, “I could be the opposite of those people. Maybe I could ask for their opinion instead of simply giving mine.”
It had moxie. It was brave. It demonstrated mettle.
And so, Mr. Shun became who he is today. A collaborative, open leader, not afraid to ask before executing.
Gump was now the new breed.
But, in retrospect, it did take a little gumption.
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-12659981-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);
- Call it Collaboration, Not Enterprise 2.0 or Social Business
- Can Leaders Lead From the Side?
- Executive Assistants Are The Real Heroes
- The Five Rules Of Managing Up
- Apparently, Organizational Culture is Crap
- The Strength Of A Leader Comes From The Tree Trunk
- I Learned A Lot At My First-Ever F***Up Nights
- Terry Fox, My Hero