I’m the author of FLAT ARMY: Creating a Connected and Engaged Organization.
My second book, THE PURPOSE EFFECT: Building Meaning in Yourself, Your Role and Your Organization, will publish May 10, 2016.
I’m also Chief Envisioner of TELUS Transformation Office where I help organizations and leaders looking to improve all facets of the ‘future of work’ including employee engagement, leadership development, collaborative behaviours and technologies, as well as organizational culture.
Previously I was responsible for the overarching leadership development, learning and collaboration strategy at TELUS. I helped to drive a philosophical and cultural shift in the way TELUS views and experiences learning called “Learning 2.0”; the shift to a social, informal and formal learning and collaboration model for all 43,000+ team members, bringing TELUS to the forefront of learning leadership.
In parallel to these actions, I championed the introduction of the TELUS Leadership Philosophy (TLP), an open and collaborative-based leadership framework for all TELUS team members, alongside a litany of social collaboration technologies. Amazingly, employee engagement at TELUS skyrocketed from 53% to 87%. I’m proud to have been part of the team that made this happen.
Prior to TELUS, I spent six years in the business intelligence space as the Head of University of Business Intelligence (UBI), an outfit that sat at SAP, Business Objects and Crystal Decisions. I also spent five years in higher education helping launch the High-Tech Professional Department of the British Columbia Institute of Technology. I even spent three years teaching high school.
My career is interwoven with both corporate and academic experience, coupled with an MBA, B.Ed and multiple industry certifications and accreditations.
Part of what makes me tick is speaking, and I’ve been fortunate to have been invited to deliver over 150 external keynotes and presentations since 2008 including three different TEDx Talks. In 2012 I appeared on the covers of T+D Magazine and Chief Learning Officer Magazine and didn’t even break the camera lens.
- collaborate first / collaborate often / collaborate with others
- strong believer in a flat-based, team-first, organizational model & culture
- a leader’s responsibility is to deliver both employee AND organizational purpose
- formal, informal & social leadership and learning advocate
- dual citizen: canadian / british
- big music fan of the hip, the beatles, pearl jam & elliott brood
- family man – brilliant wife of 20 years (we got married at 24) and 3 young goats (aka children)
- avid cyclist
- Manchester United supporter (no haters please)
- follicly challenged (or perhaps follicly hip)
Join Me at the Following
Other Means of Connecting
visit my amazon.com author page